Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Effect of intravenous nitroglycerin on cerebral saturation in high-risk cardiac surgery.Can J Anaesth. 2007; 54: 718-727
- Cerebral and tissue oximetry.Best Prac Res Clin Anaesth. 2014; 28: 429-439
- Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy in adult patients after cardiac surgery is not useful for monitoring absolute values but may reflect trends in venous oxygenation under clinical conditions.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2007; 21: 535-539
- An update on cerebral oxygenation monitoring, an innovative application in cardiac arrest and neurological emergencies.in: Vincent J. Annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine 2015. Springer, Basel, Switzerland2015: 273-286
- Evaluation of different near-infrared spectroscopy technologies for assessment of tissue oxygen saturation during a vascular occlusion test.J Clin Monit Comput. 2016; (Nov 22 [Epub ahead of print])
- Factors affecting the performance of 5 cerebral oximeters during hypoxia in healthy volunteers.Anesth Analg. 2013; 117 (813–813)
- Cerebral oxygenation measured by near-infrared spectroscopy in adult cardiac surgery patients: A systematic review.PROSPERO. 2016; (CRD42016038410)
The Cochrane Collaboration. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions, Version 5.1.0 [updated March 2011]. Available at: 〈http://handbook.cochrane.org/〉. Accessed March 9, 2017.
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
- Influence of norepinephrine and phenylephrine on frontal lobe oxygenation during cardiopulmonary bypass in patients with diabetes.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2014; 28: 608-617
- The effect of sevoflurane vs. TIVA on cerebral oxygen saturation during cardiopulmonary bypass – randomized trial.Adv Clin Exp Med. 2014; 23: 919-924
- Assessment of cerebral oxygen supply-demand balance by near-infrared spectroscopy during induction of anesthesia in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery: Comparison of midazolam with propofol.Korean J Anesth. 2009; 57: 428-433
- A pilot study of cerebral tissue oxygenation and postoperative cognitive dysfunction among patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting randomised to surgery with or without cardiopulmonary bypass.Anaesthesia. 2014; 69: 613-622
- Normothermic cardiopulmonary bypass increases cerebral tissue oxygenation during combined valve surgery: A single-centre, randomized trial.Interactive Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013; 16: 595-601
- Impact of monitoring cerebral oxygen saturation on the outcome of patients undergoing open heart surgery.Ann Cardiac Anaesth. 2013; 16: 102-106
- Monitoring brain oxygen saturation during coronary bypass surgery: A randomized, prospective study.Anesth Analg. 2007; 104: 51-58
- The relationship between cerebral oxygen saturation changes and post operative neurologic complications in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.Pakistan J Med Sci. 2007; 23: 380-385
- Cognitive function after sevoflurane- vs propofol-based anaesthesia for on-pump cardiac surgery: A randomized controlled trial.Br J Anaesth. 2011; 106: 840-850
- Monitoring of brain oxygen saturation (INVOS) in a protocol to direct blood transfusions during cardiac surgery: A prospective randomized clinical trial.J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013; 8: 145
- Preoperative cerebral oxygen saturation and clinical outcomes in cardiac surgery.Anesthesiology. 2011; 114: 58-69
- Cerebral oxygen desaturation is associated with early postoperative neuropsychological dysfunction in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2004; 18: 552-558
- Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy in adult heart surgery: Saystematic review of its clinical efficacy.Can J Anaesth. 2005; 52: 79-87
- A systematic review of cerebral oxygenation- monitoring devices in cardiac surgery.Perfusion. 2014; 29: 545-552
- Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) monitoring and neurologic outcomes in adult cardiac surgery patients and neurologic outcomes: A systematic review.Anesth Analg. 2013; 116: 663-676
- The effect of English-language restriction on systematic review-based meta-analyses: A systematic review of empirical studies.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2012; 28: 138-144
N.J. Glassford is supported by the Avant Doctors-in-Training Research Scholarship.