Design and Setting
Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Ultrasound for the anesthesiologists: Present and future.Sci World J. 2013; 2013683685
- Audit of anaesthetist-performed echocardiography on perioperative management decisions for non-cardiac surgery.Br J Anaesth. 2009; 103: 352-358
- Training the anesthesiologist in point-of-care ultrasound.Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2016; 54: 71-93
- Perioperative point-of-care ultrasonography: The past and the future are in anesthesiologists’ hands.Anesthesiology. 2011; 115: 460-462
Monti J, Norman F. Guidelines for Clinical Ultrasound Utilization in Clinical Practice. The Society of Point of Care Ultrasound - Practice Guidelines. Available at: https://spocus.org/Practice-Guidelines. Accessed February 9, 2018.
- Evaluation of a standardized program for training practicing anesthesiologists in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia skills.J Ultrasound Med. 2015; 34: 1883-1893
2017 Introduction to Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound. American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. Available at: https://www.asra.com/page/153/2017-introduction-to-perioperative-point-of-care-ultrasound. Accessed February 9, 2018.
- Implementation of a successful incentive-based ultrasound credentialing program for emergency physicians.West J Emerg Med. 2013; 14: 602-608
- Perioperative ultrasound training in anesthesiology: A call to action.Anesth Analg. 2016; 122: 1794-1804
- Emergency imaging for the 21st century: Where does ultrasound fit in?.Emerg Med Pract. 2001; 3: 1-24
- Perioperative ultrasound: The future is now.Anesth Analg. 2016; 122: 1734-1736
- Multimodal perioperative ultrasound course for interns allows for enhanced acquisition and retention of skills and knowledge.A A Case Rep. 2015; 5: 119-123
- Impact assessment of perioperative point-of-care ultrasound training on anesthesiology residents.Anesthesiology. 2015; 123: 670-682
Point of care ultrasound curriculum. UNC School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology. Available at: https://www.med.unc.edu/anesthesiology/education/residency/what-makes-unc-unique-1/point-of-care-ultrasound-curriculum. Accessed February 9, 2018.
- Ultrasound guidelines: Emergency, point-of-care and clinical ultrasound guidelines in medicine.Ann Emerg Med. 2017; 69: e27-e54
Fields JM. Opinion: Emergency physicians don't need ultrasound certification from external agencies. ACEP Now. Available at: http://www.acepnow.com/article/emergency-physicians-dont-need-ultrasound-certification-external-agencies/. Accessed February 9, 2018.
- Implementation of clinical practice changes by experienced anesthesiologists after simulation-based ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia training.Korean J Anesthesiol. 2017; 70: 318-326
- Emergency ultrasound certification by external entities. Policy statement.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 64: 563
- Disseminating innovations in health care.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1969-1975
- Assessment of perioperative ultrasound workflow understanding: A consensus.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2017; 31: 197-202
- Simulator-based transesophageal echocardiographic training with motion analysis: A curriculum-based approach.Anesthesiology. 2014; 121: 389-399
- Summative objective structured clinical examination assessment at the end of anesthesia residency for perioperative ultrasound.Anesth Analg. 2018; 126: 2065-2068
This study was funded by the Foundation for Anesthesia Research and Education as part of a grant awarded to R. Matyal.