Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Complications after the Norwood operation: An analysis of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Congenital Heart Surgery Database.Ann Thorac Surg. 2011; 92: 1734-1740
- Complications and risk factors for mortality during congenital heart surgery admissions.Ann Thorac Surg. 2007; 84: 147-155
- Factors associated with increased resource utilization for congenital heart disease.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 689-695
- Variation in congenital heart surgery costs across hospitals.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e553-e560
- Vocal fold paralysis in preterm infants: Prevalence and analysis of risk factors.J Perinatol. 2017; 37: 585-590
- Pediatric vocal fold paralysis after cardiac surgery: Rate of recovery and sequelae.Otolaryngol. 2007; 137: 780-784
- Recurrent laryngeal nerve injury and swallowing dysfunction in neonatal aortic arch repair.Ann Thorac Surg. 2017; 104: 1611-1618
- Analysis of vocal fold motion impairment in neonates undergoing congenital heart surgery.JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 144: 406-412
- Readmissions, observation, and the hospital readmissions reduction program.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1543-1551
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Nationwide HCUP databases. Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/databases.jsp. Accessed March 22, 2021.
- Current assessment of mortality rates in congenital cardiac surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 82: 164-171
- Trends in mortality and costs of pediatric extracorporeal life support.Pediatrics. 2020; 146e20193564
- Updating and validating the Charlson Comorbidity Index and score for risk adjustment in hospital discharge abstracts using data from 6 countries.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 173: 676-682
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- Risk adjustment for congenital heart surgery: The RACHS-1 method.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu. 2004; 7: 180-184
Jacobs ML, Pasquali SK, Jacobs JP, et al. An empirically based tool for analyzing morbidity associated with operations for congenital heart disease. The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, 145, 2013, 1046-1057.
Cuzick J.A Wilcoxon-type test for trend. Stat Med1985;4:87-90.
StataCorp. 2019. Stata Statistical Software: Release 16. College Station, TX: StataCorp LLC.
Richter AL, Ongkasuwan J, Ocampo EC.Long-term follow-up of vocal fold movement impairment and feeding after neonatal cardiac surgery. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2016;83:211-4.
- Long-term morbidities associated with vocal cord paralysis after surgical closure of a patent ductus arteriosus in extremely low birth weight infants.J Perinatol. 2010; 30: 408-413
- Pediatric vocal fold immobility: Natural history and the need for long-term follow-up.JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 140: 428-433
- Outcome of cardiac surgery in patients with congenital heart disease in England between 1997 and 2015.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0178963
- Single institutional analysis of trends over 45 years in etiology of vocal fold paralysis.Auris Nasus Larynx. 2012; 39: 597-600
- Current epidemiology of vocal cord dysfunction after congenital heart surgery in young infants.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2019; 20: 817-825
- Vocal fold paralysis/paresis as a marker for poor swallowing outcomes after thoracic surgery procedures.Dysphagia. 2019; 34: 904-915
- Outcomes of vocal fold motion impairment and dysphagia after pediatric cardiothoracic surgery: A systematic review.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019; 161: 754-763
- Surgical management of bilateral vocal fold paralysis: A cost-effectiveness comparison of two treatments.Laryngoscope. 2017; 127: 691-697
- Current treatment options for bilateral vocal fold paralysis: A state-of-the-art review.Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol. 2017; 10: 203-212
- Endoscopic management of bilateral vocal fold paralysis in newborns and infants.Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017; 97: 13-17
- Endoscopic anterior-posterior cricoid split for pediatric bilateral vocal fold paralysis.Laryngoscope. 2018; 128: 257-263
- Dysphagia after cardiac operations is associated with increased length of stay and costs.Am Surg. 2016; 82: 890-893
- Risk factors associated with readmission after pediatric cardiothoracic surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 94: 865-873
- Length of stay and cost of pediatric readmissions.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20172934
- Life experience of patients with unilateral vocal fold paralysis.JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018; 144: 433-439
- Incidence and implication of vocal fold paresis following neonatal cardiac surgery.Laryngoscope. 2012; 122: 2781-2785
- Intraoperative recurrent laryngeal nerve monitoring during pediatric cardiac and thoracic surgery: A mini review.Front Pediatr. 2020; 8587177
- Intraoperative nerve monitoring is associated with a lower risk of recurrent laryngeal nerve injury: A national analysis of 17,610 patients.Am J Surg. 2021; 221: 472-477
- Unilateral vocal fold paralysis after congenital cardiothoracic surgery: A meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e1708-e1723