Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Non-surgical assessment of cardiac function.Nature. 1971; 232: 335-336
- Peri-operative TOE – does it have an effect on surgical practice.J Br Soc Echocardiogr. 2006; 55: 7-8
- Perioperative use of transesophageal echocardiography by anesthesiologists: Impact in noncardiac surgery and in the intensive care unit.Can J Anaesth. 2002; 49: 287
- Basic perioperative transesophageal echocardiography examination: A consensus statement of the American Society of Echocardiography and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists.J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2013; 26: 443-456
- Perioperative transesophageal echocardiography for non-cardiac surgery.Can J Anaesth. 2018; 65: 381-398
- Intraoperative hemodynamic monitoring during organ transplantation: What is new?.Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2009; 14: 291-296
- Transesophageal echocardiography in orthotopic liver transplantation: A comprehensive intraoperative monitoring tool.Crit Ultrasound J. 2017; 9: 15
- Intraoperative monitoring with transesophageal echocardiography: Indications, risks, and training.Anesthesiol Clin. 2006; 24: 737-753
- Transesophageal echocardiography in anesthesia and intensive care. The diagnostic importance of transesophageal echocardiography [article in German].Anaesthesist. 1997; 46: 504-514
- Introductory experience in transesophageal echocardiography for anesthesiology residents.MedEdPORTAL. 2018; 14: 10666
- The use of TEE simulation in teaching basic echocardiography skills to senior anesthesiology residents.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2013; 27: 670-675
- Resident performance in basic perioperative transesophageal echocardiography: Comparing 3 teaching methods in a randomized controlled trial.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98: e17072
- Novel, multimodal approach for basic transesophageal echocardiographic teaching.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2014; 28: 800-809
- Impact of simulator-based training in focused transesophageal echocardiography: A randomized controlled trial.Anesth Analg. 2017; 125: 1140-1148
- Standard setting for clinical performance of basic perioperative transesophageal echocardiography: Moving beyond the written test.Anesthesiology. 2017; 126: 718-728
National Board of Echocardiography. Application for certification. Basic perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (Basic PTEeXAM). Available at: https://www.echoboards.org/docs/BasicPTE_Cert_App-2021.pdf. Accessed July 6, 2021.
- ASE/SCA recommendations and guidelines for continuous quality improvement in perioperative echocardiography.Anesth Analg. 2006; 103: 1416-1425
Anesthesiology News. Are ACGME requirements failing our anesthesiology residents?. Available at: https://www.anesthesiologynews.com/Correspondence/Article/06-21/Are-ACGME-Requirements-Failing-Our-Anesthesiology-Residents-/63684. Accessed July 7, 2021.
- Use, training, and opinions about effectiveness of transesophageal echocardiography in adult liver transplantation among anesthesiologists in the United States.Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2018; 22: 137-145
- Transesophageal echocardiography utilization in high-volume liver transplantation centers in the United States.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2008; 22: 811-813
- Modules for the technical skills section of the OSCE component of the American Board of Anesthesiology APPLIED examination.MedEdPORTAL. 2019; 15: 10820
- Diagnostic point-of-care ultrasound: Recommendations from an expert panel.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2021; ([e-pub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jvca.2021.04.016
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- An Unsentimental Education: How Should We Be Teaching Perioperative Echocardiography?Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular AnesthesiaVol. 36Issue 1
- PreviewPerioperative transesophageal echocardiography has become a mainstay in the world of cardiac surgery as cardiac anesthesiologists have embraced their dual role as anesthesia providers and echocardiographers, working in concert with cardiac surgeons to deliver high-quality care, much of which is predicated upon transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) findings obtained during the perioperative period. Given the virtually universal adoption of intraoperative TEE during cardiac surgery and its role in patient care, there has been understandable interest in expanding the role of perioperative TEE in the noncardiac surgical area.