Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Postoperative critical care of the adult cardiac surgical patient. Part I: Routine postoperative care.Crit Care Med. 2015; 437: 1477-1497
- Determinants of prolonged intensive care unit stay in patients after cardiac surgery: A prospective observational study.J Thorac Dis. 2017; 91: 70-79
- The influence of prolonged intensive care stay on quality of life, recovery, and clinical outcomes following cardiac surgery: A prospective cohort study.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2018; 1565 (e3): 1906-1915
- The long-term effects of prolonged intensive care stay postcardiac surgery.J Card Surg. 2020; 3511: 3099-3107
- Quality of life in relation to length of intensive care unit stay after cardiac surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Surg. 2017; 313: 1080-1090
- Factors associated with prolonged length of stay following cardiac surgery in a major referral hospital in Oman: A retrospective observational study.BMJ Open. 2016; 66e010764
- Patients with a prolonged intensive care unit length of stay have decreased health-related quality of life after cardiac surgery.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 311: 21-31
- Systematic review of factors influencing length of stay in ICU after adult cardiac surgery.BMC Health Serv Res. 2016; 16: 318
- Risk factors for prolonged intensive care unit stay after open heart surgery in adults.Turk J Anaesthesiol Reanim. 2018; 464: 283-291
- Morbidity after cardiac surgery under cardiopulmonary bypass and associated factors: A retrospective observational study.Indian Heart J. 2019; 714: 350-355
- Predictors of length of stay in intensive care unit after coronary artery bypass grafting: Development a risk scoring system.Braz J Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 361: 57-63
- Risk factors for prolonged intensive care unit stays in patients after cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass: A retrospective observational study.Int J Nurs Sci. 2021; 84: 388-393
- Risk factors associated with longer stays in cardiovascular surgical intensive care unit after CABG.J Formos Med Assoc. 2022; 1211: 304-313
- Prolonged intensive care unit stay in cardiac surgery: Risk factors and long-term-survival.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 813: 880-885
- Clinical outcomes in patients with prolonged intensive care unit length of stay after cardiac surgical procedures.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 932: 565-569
- Prolonged stay in intensive care unit is a powerful predictor of adverse outcomes after cardiac operations.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 941: 109-116
- Outcomes of patients with prolonged intensive care unit length of stay after cardiac surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2016; 306: 1550-1554
- Long-term survival and resource use in critically ill cardiac surgery patients: A population-based study.Can J Anaesth. 2018; 659: 985-995
- Survival, quality of life, and functional status following prolonged ICU stay in cardiac surgical patients: A systematic review.Crit Care Med. 2019; 471: e52-e63
- Very prolonged stay in the intensive care unit after cardiac operations: Early results and late survival.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 961 (discussion 21-2): 15-21
- Non-home discharge after cardiac surgery in Australia and New Zealand: A cross-sectional study.BMJ Open. 2021; 1112e049187
- Persistence of risk of death after hospital discharge to locations other than home after cardiac surgery.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 1592 (e1): 528-535
- Long-term fate of patients discharged to extended care facilities after cardiovascular surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 2013; 963: 871-877
- Patient disposition and long-term outcomes after valve surgery in octogenarians.Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 943: 744-750
Australia and New Zealand Intensive Care Society. Centre for Outcome and Resource Evaluation 2020 Report. Available at: https://www.anzics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2020-ANZICS-CORE-Report.pdf. Accessed May 11, 2022.
- EuroSCORE II.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012; 414 (discussion 744-5): 734-745
Mahesh Ramanan acknowledges a grant (AUD $10,000) received from The Common Good Foundation to support this work. Grant number: NI2020-24.