Measurements and Main Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Feasibility of discharge planning in intensive care units: A pilot study.Am J Crit Care. 2012; 21: e94-e101
- Applying STAAR interventions in incremental bundles: Improving post-CABG surgical patient care.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2014; 11: 89-97
- Educational intervention reduces complications and rehospitalization after heart surgery.West J Nurs Res. 2013; 35: 1251-1265
- Prevention of 30-day readmission after coronary artery bypass surgery.Home Healthc Now. 2017; 35: 326-334
- Impact of warfarin discharge education program on hospital readmission and treatment costs.Int J Clin Pharm. 2018; 40: 721-729
- Impact of intensive care unit discharge delays on patient outcomes: A retrospective cohort study.J Intensive Care Med. 2019; 34: 924-929
- Intensive care discharge delay is associated with increased hospital length of stay: A multicentre prospective observational study.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0181827
- Delay of transfer from the intensive care unit: A prospective observational analysis on economic effects of delayed in-house transfer.Eur J Med Res. 2019; 24: 30
- Optimal timing of transfer out of the intensive care unit.Am J Crit Care. 2013; 22: 390-397
- Delay of transfer from the intensive care unit: A prospective observational study of incidence, causes, and financial impact.Crit Care. 2013; 17: R128
- Reducing hospital readmission rates: Current strategies and future directions.Annu Rev Med. 2014; 65: 471-485
- Association between hospital penalty status under the hospital readmission reduction program and readmission rates for target and nontarget conditions.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2647-2656
- Readmissions after cardiac surgery: Experience of the National Institutes of Health/Canadian Institutes of Health research cardiothoracic surgical trials network.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 98: 1274-1280
- Uniform standards do not apply to readmission following coronary artery bypass surgery: A multi-institutional study.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015; 149 (850-7.e1)
- Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1418-1428
- Using effect size-or why the P value is not enough.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 279-282
U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. National health expenditure data. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/nationalhealthexpenddata/. Accessed June 15, 2022.
- ICU occupancy and mechanical ventilator use in the United States.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 2712-2719
This research was supported solely by institutional funds.