Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
- Intubation practices and adverse peri-intubation events in critically ill patients from 29 countries.JAMA. 2021; 325: 1164-1172
- The physiologically difficult airway: An emerging concept.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2022; 35: 115-121
- Risk factors for and prediction of post-intubation hypotension in critically ill adults: A multicenter prospective cohort study.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0233852
- Postoperative hypotension in patients discharged to the intensive care unit after non-cardiac surgery is associated with adverse clinical outcomes.Crit Care. 2020; 24: 682
- Miller's Anesthesia.7th ed. Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, PA2010: 720-721
- Endotracheal intubation sedation in the intensive care unit.World J Crit Care Med. 2022; 11: 33-39
- Ketamine/propofol admixture vs etomidate for intubation in the critically ill: KEEP PACE Randomized clinical trial.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 87: 883-891
- Additive interactions between propofol and ketamine when used for anesthesia induction in female patients.Anesthesiology. 1995; 82: 641-648
- Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2008; 182: 313-333
Fentanyl [package insert]. Lake Forest, IL: Akorn, Inc; 2012.
- Etomidate is associated with mortality and adrenal insufficiency in sepsis: A meta-analysis.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 2945-2953
- Anesthetic induction with etomidate, rather than propofol, is associated with increased 30-day mortality and cardiovascular morbidity after noncardiac surgery.Anesth Analg. 2013; 117: 1329-1337
- Etomidate versus ketamine for rapid sequence intubation in acutely ill patients: A multicentre randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2009; 374: 293-300
- Single induction dose of etomidate versus other induction agents for endotracheal intubation in critically ill patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; 1CD010225
- Inotropic effects of propofol, thiopental, midazolam, etomidate, and ketamine on isolated human atrial muscle.Anesthesiology. 1996; 84: 397-403
- Ketamine in adult cardiac surgery and the cardiac surgery intensive care unit: An evidence-based clinical review.Ann Card Anaesth. 2015; 18: 202-209